The 7th Annual Bay Area Fire Fighters' Ball
The 7th Annual Bay Area Fire Fighters' Ball will be held on Saturday May 4th, 2013 at Cypress Run Golf Course in Tarpon Springs. This event is presented by the Auxiliary to the Clearwater Fire Fighters, Local 1158 (AIAFF 1158).
The AIAFF 1158 is a non-profit service organization with the objective to cooperate, support and contribute to the aims and purposes of the Clearwater Fire Fighters Association Local 1158, and to the betterment of the individual fire fighter family.
The Bay Area Fire Fighters' Ball is once-a-year source of revenue to fund the year-round charitable giving provided to the community by the AIAFF 1158.
The goal of the Bay Area Fire Fighters' Ball is to unite Bay Area corporations, political officials, and the community in honoring the men and women who run into the fire when all others run out.
The proceeds from the Bay Area Fire Fighters' Ball provides the AIAFF 1158 an opportunity to give back to the community. Community giving ranges from supporting members in charity race events such as the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, providing monetary support for those who are suffering personal illness and giving to families devastated by loss to fire. The AIAFF annually supports the following:
- Sending local children to Burn Camp, Florida
- MDA Pancake Breakfast- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Scholarship Fund for Children and Grandchildren of Local 1158 Members
- Annual Fire Fighters Holiday Picnic – benefiting the Joshua House
- John P. Redmond (Heart and Lung Research)
- International Burn Foundation (Research)
- AIAFF/Juanita Johnson Scholarship Fund (Education)
- Howie McClennan Scholarship Fund (Education)
For more information on the AIAFF 1158 please visit www.aiaff1158.org.